Bake Off!


Morning!


So if you have been reading my blog for some time, you may recall that I used to do a fair amount of baking. Oh I do so love to bake! However I just don't seem to have had the time since we moved north, plus I don't think my new oven likes me too much... :(


But I am not going to let a little thing like that stop me! haha no, no no! We just persevered and I now feel we have reached an understanding, my oven and I, and it is acceptable to share my baking with the world once again! After a few little disasters that shall just remain buried in my iPhoto files me thinks....

So whats up first? Lets see....



Ooh yummy!


You will need:


2 cups plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
3/4 cup soft brown sugar
1 large egg
2 tbsp butter, melted and cooled
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup diced cooking apple
Makes 12 Muffins

Preheat oven to 200. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
In a medium bowl whisk together your flour, baking powder, salt and spices.

In a larger bowl whisk together the brown sugar and egg. Whisk in melted butter, vegetable oil and vanilla. Adding a little of each at a time, alternately stir in to the flour mixture your sugar, eggs, etc mixture and buttermilk, until no streaks of flour etc remain visible in the batter. Stir in your diced apple.

Divide batter evenly into prepared muffin cups filling each to the top.
Optional you can sprinkle on some coarse or granulated sugar and ground cinnamon before popping them in to the oven.
Bake for 15-18 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean and the top springs back when lightly pressed.

Cool muffins on a wire rack. Devour and enjoy!



Lets take a closer look....




I actually found this recipe through Pinterest, you can find the original source here, at Baking Bites.


Let me know if you try this one!



1 comment:

  1. Cute! These look and sound super yummy! I can practically smell them through the computer screen! I so want to try and make some xxx

    ReplyDelete