Makes and Bakes: Peanut Butter Biscuits



Hello again! Due to my little 'break' I now have a back log of baking posts to catch up on! I know, I said I was busy on my blog, and I was! But there is always time for baking :D

These little biscuits were amazing! Even if I do say so myself! And I don't even like peanut butter that much, I just had an odd craving to make some, and they really didn't last long afterwards!

Peanut Butter Biscuits



You will need:

8 tbsp/120g plain flour
2 tbsp/30g caster sugar
2 tbsp crunchy or smooth peanut butter (I used smooth)
1 free-range egg yolk (remove for a vegan option!)
50g marg, softened (I used Pure Soya butter on a batch for a vegan option)
Pinch of salt
on one batch I added a pinch of ginger too.



Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line two trays with baking paper.
Blend margarine with peanut butter and then stir in the sugar, egg yolk of you're using it and salt and ginger, again this is optional.
Sift in the flour to make a dough.
Shape the mixture into balls. About half a palm size. Space them out onto baking trays and flatten each slightly with a fork. Dust with caster sugar if you like!
Bake each tray for about 15 minutes until light brown.
Leave to cool slightly before very carefully transferring them to a cooling rack.

Devour!!

I also cut some of mine in to shapes, but found that they spread quite a bit! So here we have a blobby cat and ratty! (these were the vegan ones!)


These were some new cutters I just had to try... I have found another obsession folks, cookie cutters! I suddenly have loads and just can not get enough of them!!


These recipes were adapted from BBC Good Food, and All Recipes for the vegan option.

2 comments: