Makes and Bakes: Gingerbread



Hello!

You may recall aaaages ago I did a lot of baking one day and said I would come back next week with my recipe for yummy ginger bread...? Well, that post sort of got waylaid, and it has been sitting in my drafts looking sad, so its time to finish this one and post it already! Oh I do love gingerbread, I feel its my recipe that always turns out well, and it is sooo tasty!




You will need:

125g light or dark muscovado sugar
150g marg
200g treacle
300g Plain Flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 tsp ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
2 eggs
250ml milk



How to:

Preheat the oven to 180 degreesIn a saucepan, melt the butter over a lowish heat along with the sugar and treacle until they form a smooth mixture. Allow to cool.


Next, beat eggs in a jug and add to this your milk. Mix together and add to your treacle mixture a bit at a time and stir in well.


In a separate bowl mix all your dry ingredients - flour, baking soda, salt and spices (you can also add an optional bit of cocoa powder here too, about two tablespoons!) .


Add the flour mixture to the treacle mixture, again just a bit at a time and stir well.

Pour it into the prepared tin and bake for 40–60 minutes or until risen and boucey on top and a cocktail stick comes out clean. Try not to overcook, as it is nicer a little stickier!

Transfer the tin to a wire rack and let the gingerbread cool in the tin before cutting into squares and enjoy!


There are a lot of gingerbread recipes out there but this is generally the one I go by! 




2 comments:

  1. I love gingerbread! I want to make this right now!
    I tried to find a way to email you - I think you have a really darling blog and those cakes are so darling!
    I'd love to chat more!

    Elise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Sorry I have just seen this comment! Thank you for your kind words!

      xxx

      Delete